If you are hiring a skip for rubbish removal you may be unsure of what you can put in a skip. This is a common query we hear at DTM Skips. If you are looking for cheap skip hire but are unsure of what you can, or more importantly, cannot put in your skip, this post will help guide you. It is important to understand that there are some items you legally cannot dispose of through skip hire.
Rubbish Removal Legal Requirements
Due to health and safety precautions and legal requirements if any of these items are found in one of our skips, we can not take it. This will be a waste of time and resource for both us and you. Dumping rubbish in other people’s skips is a very bad idea. It can cause issues with us being able to take the skip due to the amount of objects that can not be collected by us.
What Can I Put In A Skip – Garden Waste Collection
With this in mind, we have made a free guide for you to follow when you hire rubbish removals.
Below you will find a list of objects and items, that must NOT be put in one of our skips when dealing with garden waste.
Commercial Waste Collection Essex
- Paint Tins (unless completely empty)
- Vehicle and household Batteries
- Medical Waste of any kind
Waste Clearance That Is Dangerous
- Fluorescent Tubes
- Compressed Gas Cylinders (full or empty)
Rubbish And Recycling Of Liquids
- Medical Waste of any fluids
- Solvents (paint, glue)
- Oils (hydraulic oil, engine oil, cooking oil)
- Other Chemicals (bleach, detergents, processing fluids)
Rubbish Clearance Essex – Home Waste Removal
- Electrical Equipment (such as Electric Cookers and Electric Fans)
- Computers, Laptops, Tablets and Mobile Devices
- Fridges and Freezers, Microwaves and Toasters
- Televisions and Telephones
Now you can fill up your skip without worrying about any refusals. Another point to make is that we thrive off of being as eco friendly as possible. Meaning we try our best to recycle as much of your waste as we can. This is why we are glad to call our services green.
Green Waste Rubbish Removal
At DTM Skips we pride ourselves on our eco friendly recycling scheme and waste management services. We sort through all of your skip waste to pick out everything that can be recycled. Give us a call on 01277 636 046 to find out more.